Without a proper viral protection environment you are probably the victim of the latest viruses which may take your computer at the edge of the death. These viruses are often very harmful and are able to convert your smart available data in junked one. Without much effort. You should use a better antivirus program to ensure a maximum security against the viruses. Before buying a good antivirus you must check that!
How to ensure protection ?
Features of a good anti virus are
Real Time Scanning for Threats
Real Time Web URL’s Scanning
Real Time Updates from the server for the new viruses
A Real time functional Firewall to monitor any kind of IP attacks and On-going and ingoing traffic
Real Time protection against all the viruses and phishing pages. In short a Web Protection Tool kit must be present.
Make your USB or Removable Media Virus Proof:
USB IS INFECTED! I NEED IMPORTANT DATA! Now what?
- Folders shown with .exe Extension should be ignored.
- Any small File which is in hidden mode and appears to be in .exe format and .bat ones should also be ignored.
- Don’t forget to check the autorun.ini file which will give you the information that which files should be executed on plugging in the USB
- The music files and Images in most cases are safe from the viruses. Keep them under white list!
- The software setup’s in more cases get infected. So, keep them at risk and don’t execute them under the Windows without scanning with a proper antivirus
- If you can’t find any data. Then you can recover deleted or formatted USB data also. I shall post a tutorial on how to recover data using Linux and Windows.