How to add signature strip in gmail ?
Adding an email signature in Gmail or your enterprise email (google workspace) is a straight forward process. How ever, keep in mind Gmail has got a character limit of 8000 letters for signatures which include commas and spaces. This may not create a real trouble for a minimal text signature . But it can give you hard time, if there are images and html codes. Keeping this in mind, lets jump into the real subject,
steps to add signature on gmail
1.Login to Gmail.com with your email id and password
2. Click on Gear Icon – located top , right hand side of gmail as in below pic. Click on SETTINGS from the pop up menu.
3. Scroll down to SIGNATURE section . And click on CREATE NEW
4. Give you new signature a name and click OK. In this example we are naming it – MY Signature
5. Now, type (or paste) in your signature and customize with the tool bar below to the typing space. Yes, you can copy paste the signature strip sent to you by your enterprise IT guys ( Make sure they are within the 10,000 character limit )
6. Once the signature strip is ready, you should set default signature for New Mail and Replies. This help you to auto insert signature every time you compose or reply. This can be ignored if you want to chose signature every time you compose or reply to an email. Gmail has recently added option to add multiple signatures. Yes. You can have multiple signatures preset and saved.
7. Finally, scroll down and click SAVE button to get your signature and the hard work saved.
Hope this helped and guided you well to set an email signature on gmail and/or g suite email. Yes, It is pretty easy and straight forward. Bookmark and keep coming for similar easy guides. Do not forget to check our easy guide on settings below
Cheers and Enjoy rest of your DAY!!