Solved article will help you fix Microsoft office activation troubles. With the new office 365 subscription license , it is common to receive license validation errors. Some of them are “Couldn’t Verify Subscription ” and “there was a problem checking device license status“. Errors seemingly happens when the first year of subscription is expired and keeps popping up even if the subscription is renewed. The solution to this is to reset the current activation and redo the activation . Below steps will guide you on how to reset the office license activation
Microsoft Office Activation Reset
1. Run Command Prompt (CMD) as administrator
2. Navigate to appropriate path of office installation based on the version of Windows and Microsoft Office. Refer to below path
For 32 bit Windows
For Office 2016 – C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice16
For Office 2013 – C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice15
For 64-bit Windows
For Office 2016 – C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice16
For Office 2013 – C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice15
3. Enter the following command to find all the office product keys installed. It is normal to see more than one license keys including trials.
4. Follow below command for each of the product keys (Refer to Key position in Red ink) . If you have 3 keys as ABCD1 , ABCD2 and ABCD3, you have to do this for all three keys
5. Once this is done , close the command prompt window. Open any of the office application and you will be prompted to enter the activation details.
We believe this article helped you reset Microsoft office license activation, if so kindly do not forget to share and visit our social media profiles.