In December 2019, windows 7 is going to be end of support. Any system running windows 7 is advised to have it upgraded to Windows 10 . Its not uncommon that some upgrades go wrong . So make sure you have backed up important data before you start . HP probook series 4530s and 4730s users reported a slow startup issues after the windows 10 upgrade. Lets discuss the reason and how to fix this in easy steps.
The boot up seems to get stuck in black screen for few seconds and then it proceed to the login screen. The main cause for this issues is said to be a compatibility issue with AMD graphics driver which comes inbuilt in these laptops. So , What is the solution to this slow startup ?
Fix 1 – Registry edit : Recommended
This fix the issue if the problem is related to AMD and related drivers
1.Open Registry Editor
2. Navigate to below path in registry editor
3. Find the Entry EnableUlps . Now Double click on the entry to modify the value to 0
4. Exit the registry editor and restart. Check the startup performance.
Fix 2 – Reinstall AMD drivers
If the above fix did not help you solving error, try uninstalling and reinstalling the AMD drivers from the Device Manager
- Open Device Manager
- Find For AMD xxx.. under Display Adapters
- Right Click and Uninstall
- Click Action-> Scan for Hardware Changes from top Menu
- Install the Appropriate AMD drivers made to use with Windows 10
- Restart the PC and check if sorted
Hope this article helped you sort out slow startup after windows 10 upgrade . Please do not forget to share this useful information with your network . Contact us if you wish to add some other solution that might be helpful to the community. Use our comments section for questions